How you spend your days is how you spend your life.—Annie Dillard
It’s no secret I’m planner-obsessed. Truly, I can’t imagine life without a physical manifestation of my to-dos, projects, and dreams. It’s how I try to stay organized and on top of deadlines and ideas.
I’ve pulled together 5 tips to utilize the full power of your planner:
1. Make it your own. Personalize, personalize, personalize. For years I used a standard black-and-white planner, so I collaged the front with inspiring images, added tabs using washi tape, and penned everything with colored markers.
2. Tote it everywhere. When scheduling appointments, many clients pull out their phones and I reach for my paper planner. It contains my projects, to-dos, dreams, and weekly schedule. If it’s not with me, I feel naked. Don’t leave your baby at home.
3. Make it work for you. Add helpful headings such as meal planning, gift giving ideas, DIY projects, gardening planning, exercise, sleep patterns, and business projects. Think of what you’d like to track and plan as you fill your planner.
4. Dream. Set aside space for dreaming. What would you like the day, week, month, and year to look and feel like? Write it down to make it happen. Gather your colored markers, ephemera, and bring your dreams out to play.
5. Review. Create space for reviewing. How did your day, week, month, and year unfold? Honor what worked, learn from what didn’t, and release the rest. This can be great for gratitude, budgets, goals, food, spending, and more.
Thanks to your support, we’ve sold through most of the Daybook and Playbook inventory. We’re down to about 40 copies. If you’d like this year’s version (complete with a new detox plan, a start & stop list, and more), here’s where you can grab your copy.
Here’s to dreaming with pen and paper! Bisous. x