An interview with Sara Avant Stover on The Heroine’s Journey. Learn the one thing women can do to have the biggest impact on their happiness, how Pippi Longstocking has influenced Sara, and who SHE is.
Direct download: Tranquility du Jour #358: The Heroine’s Journey
Sara Avant Stover is a yoga and meditation teacher, bestselling author & founder of The Way of the Happy Woman®.
Sara graduated Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude from Columbia University’s all-women’s school, Barnard College. After a cancer scare in her early twenties, Sara moved to Thailand, where she lived for ten years and embarked on a decade-long healing and spiritual odyssey throughout Asia. She has since gone on to uplift tens of thousands of women worldwide.
A pioneer in contemporary women’s work, she’s the creator of the world’s first Women’s Yoga Teacher Training, Reversing Our “Curse,” and The SHE School. Sara has been featured in Yoga Journal, the Huffington Post, Newsweek, Natural Health, and on ABC, NBC, CBS, and more.
She currently lives in Boulder, Colorado with her fiancé, Keith Martin-Smith, and their dog Amia.
Her new book, The Book of SHE: Your Heroine’s Journey into the Heart of Feminine Power, is now available.
- Website: thewayofthehappywoman.com/
- Twitter: twitter.com/wayofhappywoman
- Facebook: facebook.com/wayofhappywoman
- Instagram: instagram.com/thewayofthehappywoman/
- Former Tranquility du Jour podcasts with Sara #169 and #219
- Join the complimentary 52 Weeks of Tranquility Program
- New Year, New You Seasonal Podcast
- Winter’s online book club pick: TBD
- Sign up for weekly Love Notes and access Tranquil Treasures
- Podcast app: Tranquility du Jour iPhone and Android
- Mini Retreat in DC: December 31
- Art + Asana in Costa Rica: February 13-20
- 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in DC: Starts February 26
- Art + Yoga in West Virginia: May 13-15
- Penning in Paris: June 6-10
- Art + Asana in Tuscany: October 8-15
- Writing in the Woods: October 28-30
- New to Tranquility du Jour? Peruse my FAQs.
- Tranquility University E-courses.
- Read along on Goodreads.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Pin along on Pinterest.
- Eye candy on Instagram.
- Browse my books.
- Read about my passion for animals.
- Pen a review on iTunes.
- To listen, click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes.
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast 411.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast to get the latest episode as released.
- Get the Tranquility du Jour apps to get the podcast automagically on iOS or Android.