I’m delighted to announce that pianist and composer Heather McAuliffe will be sharing her talent at our TDJ Soiréeon Sunday, June 9. We’ve worked together on over the years and you’ll hear her beautiful music on my first yoga CDs.
Last weekend I headed to Pittsburgh to hear my boy Garthplay in his stadium tour (and fell in love with the opening act, Midland). Whew, I’m still on a high from the experience!
I love how it taps into emotional parts that can only be touched through lyrics, rhythm, melody, harmony, and overall texture. I’m sure you, too, have found the sound of music to be transformative.
Of course, I had to explore further and, yes, there’s a whole music therapy program. Clearly we’re not alone in our connection to its effect on our overall well-being. Now, please excuse me while I put Midland’s album on repeat. Again. Bisous. x
Join us for an afternoon with rescued farm friends at Burleigh Manor Animal Sanctuary in Ellicott City, Maryland (a short one-hour drive from DC) on Saturday, June 8 from 10-2.
The day’s adventure begins at 10am with tea and treats followed by a private tour of the sanctuary. Around noon we’ll roll out our yoga mats on the grass to enjoy an all-level yoga class taught by moi.
To round out the experience, you’ll be treated to a tasty homemade vegan brunch complete with cupcakes by “chef” Tim.
Your $75 ticket includes yoga, brunch, tour, and donation to benefit Burleigh Manor Animal Sanctuary and Pigs & Pugs Project’s micro-grant program to pig sanctuaries and pug rescues in need.
Because this is a working sanctuary, please leave your four-legged friends at home. All attendees must have their own ticket. This event is suitable for ages 14+.
3. You’d like to try fine vegan dining, green juice, and organic wine at the #6 veg-friendly resto in the world. (value $150+)
4. You crave community with like-hearted ladies who see you and also seek more tranquility. You want to meet the intimate group of amazing women joining from CO, CA, OK, NY, NJ, and the DC area and stay in touch through our private Facebook group.
5. You appreciate beautiful things that nourish your senses such as an exquisitely-furnished townhouse built in 1880 filled with chandeliers and art, the scent of lavender and flowers, and jazzy tunes.
6. You love learning and seek a deeper connection to your creative spark, tools to live a compassionate lifestyle (including being kinder toward yourself), ways to express your signature style, and more.
7. You appreciate a beautiful and safe space for reflection, intention setting, dreaming, and action planning.
8. You enjoy planning and want an advance PDF copy of the Daybook PLUS to attend the release of the latest Daybook. (VIPS also get a physical copy)