One of my favorite tools for cultivating creativity is an Artist Date. Coined by Julia Cameron in her book The Artist’s Way, an Artist Date is a once-weekly outing to explore something solo that nourishes your spirit.
I’ve touted them over the years and I find the holidays to be one giant Artist Date. This creative, festive time is filled with a myriad of playful things to do. And twinkle lights to boot!
An Artist Date doesn’t need to be extravagant and it may already be something on your holiday to-do list. To help get you started, I’ve pulled together a few ideas.
- Bake and decorate cookies (here are 12 recipes)
- Go ice skating or sledding
- Spend an afternoon hanging twinkle lights
- Visit a spot covered in holiday lights
- Head to a craft shop and explore the holiday-themed goodies
- Pen handmade holiday cards to loved ones (20 ideas)
- Visit a museum to be inspired by art and history
- Pull images from a magazine that represent 2020 dreams
- See a holiday concert
- Wander through an art supply store for holiday card or gift making supplies
- Visit a holiday market and enjoy the seasonal wares made by local artists
- Make your holiday gifts (here are 66 ideas)
- Decorate your home (pink tulle wreath how-to)
May this season spark your creativity and fill your spirit. This morning I’m off to NYC for my third annual girls’ weekend (2018 and 2017) and will be sharing the adventure over on Instagram. You’re joining us in spirit!
Wishing you a joyful weekend filled with pink tulle wreaths, joy, and moment with loved ones. Bisous. x