Welcome to the 219th edition of Tranquility du Jour. Today’s show features upcOMing happenings and The Way of the Happy Woman with Sara Avant Stover.
Workshops + Retreats
Consider joining moi for a true tranquilologie experience:
* Art Journaling 3-hr Extravaganza in DC July 23
* Benefit for the Animals in DC July 29
* Hip Tranquil Chick Retreat at Kripalu in Mass August 28-September 2
* Tranquility Project 4-week E-course starts September 7
* Fall Tranquilologie Teleclass September 22
* 3-hr Women’s Urban Retreat in DC September 25 + November 12
* Yoga + Writing in DC November 6
* Hip Hop Yoga in DC December 16
* Costa Rica TBD
* Yoga + Art Retreat in Paris + Provence May 24 – June 2 SOLD OUT, second one added June 7-16, 2012
* Yoga Retreat in India November 2012
Featured Tranquilista: Sara Avant Stover
I’m the author of The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life (New World Library) and a mentor, teacher, and speaker to women around the world. A Phi Beta Kapha and Summa Cum Laude graduate of Columbia University’s all women’s Barnard College, I took my first yoga class at age 18, sat my first meditation retreat a few years later, and knew immediately that I would devote my life to teaching. After being diagnosed with the early stages of cervical cancer in my early 20′s, I moved to Chiang Mai, Thailand where I lived for 9 years, embarked on a healing odyssey throughout Asia, and, as a multi-certified yoga teacher, served as one of the pioneer yoga teachers in that part of the world. Since that time I have studied with the leading spiritual masters of our time and have taught thousands of women in over a dozen different countries. My work has been featured in The Huffington Post, Yoga Journal, Fit Yoga, Pilates Style, and Yogi Times. I love good sleep, autumn, dark chocolate, sexy lingerie, and beautiful shoes! I continue to travel the world leading women’s workshops, retreats, and teacher trainings and now call Boulder, CO home.
Informative addition to Tranquility du Jour: New to TDJ?
How can I practice the way of the happy woman today?
Signature Style: TranquiliT is a line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. We are locally sewn and plant 150 trees each month while also donating a portion of proceeds to Nest and Tranquil Space Foundation. Featured item: 60s vintage slip coming this week to vintage/reclaimed. J’adore!
Stay Au Courant:
Connect on Facebook.
Follow moi on Twitter for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Pin along with moi on Pinterest.
Au Revoir: To close out the show, we’re playing Chances by Jill Barber. You can learn more about music at jillbarber.com.
– You don’t need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
– New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast 411
– Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You’ll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it’s available
Leave A Comment