Welcome to the 210th edition of Tranquility du Jour. Today’s show features upcOMing happenings and Simple Luxuries with Shannon Ables.
Ooh la la: Tranquility du jour iPhone and android app plus new addition to Tranquility du Jour: New to TDJ?
Workshops + Retreats: Consider joining moi for:
* Tranquility Project e-course starts March 9
* our seasonal Tranquilology Teleclass on Monday, March 21 at 9pm ET
* 2 workshops at Montreal’s Centre Luna Yoga on April 30
* Yoga in Costa Rica Retreat July 2-9
* a “Yoga, Creativity + Tranquility Lifestyle” Retreat at a Farmhouse in NY October 14-16
* Yoga + Art Retreat in Paris + Provence May 2012 (details to come).
Featured Tranquilista: Shannon Ables is the creator and editor of The Simply Luxurious Life blog, as well as a freelance writer and high school English teacher. Writing has always been a part of her life, and she is thrilled to be able to use it expose her other passions – fashion, wine, food, design, gardening, travel and anything French.
Being a stylish young woman living in rural Oregon, she is constantly seeking ways to enjoy the luxuries in life. Having moved from the metropolitan life in Portland, it at first seemed that her pleasurable passions were not as readily at her fingertips as they once were.
However, she have come to realize that luxury is always in each of our proximities if only we know where to look, regardless of where we might be living. Whether it be found in wine, food, fashion, home decor, gardening, or entertainment, contentment, pleasure and a stylishly fulfilling life can be cultivated.
1. How can I practice simple luxury this week?
Stay Au Courant:
Let’s be Facebook friends.
Follow moi on Twitter for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Connect on our Facebook group.
Join Tranquilista’s like page.
– You don’t need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
– New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast 411
– Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You’ll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it’s available
– Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed.